In addition to total race prizemoney of $250,000, a $75,000 Bonus will be distributed to the first three all-female owned or leased horses in finishing order in the Magic Millions WA 2YO Classic, being run at Pinjarra in February 2023. To be eligible, the horse must be nominated to the Magic Millions Race Series (Full Series or WA Series), and be 100% owned or leased by all females (conditions apply).
Registrations for the 2023 Magic Millions WA Racing Women’s Bonus close on 1 September 2022
Please complete and submit one registration per horse. The form may be completed by any owner of the horse or by the trainer (or their representative) on behalf of the owner/s. Registrations for all horses targeting the WA Racing Women’s Bonus must be received by Magic Millions by 1 September 2022. Failure to lodge a registration for the Bonus by this date will result in the horse being ineligible to win the WA Racing Women’s Bonus.
$60,000 1st place (plus trophy)
$10,000 2nd place
$5,000 3rd place
The WA Racing Women’s Bonus will be deemed Bonus prizemoney in a horse’s official earnings and is therefore subject to standard trainer and jockey deductions.
To be eligible for the Magic Millions WA Racing Women’s Bonus in 2023, the horse must be:
- An eligible graduate of a 2022 Magic Millions Yearling Sale and nominated to the Magic Millions Race Series (Full Series or WA Series);
- 100% owned or leased by females;
- The horse must race in 100% female ownership (or lease) at all times prior to and including the running of the Magic Millions WA 2YO Classic in February 2023;
- The ownership (or lease) must remain unchanged from the horse’s first official race start until the time the Bonus is awarded (unless a change of ownership (or lease) is approved by Magic Millions);
- AND – A separate free online Bonus Registration must have been completed and submitted to Magic Millions by 1 September 2022.
The eligible horse(s) must officially finish the race to be eligible to receive the Bonus.
Should an eligible horse be subject to pre or post-race drug testing by the Principal Racing Authority, any Bonus monies will not be distributed until the result of the swab(s) have cleared in accordance with the Australian Rules of Racing.
Should less than three Bonus eligible horses make the starting field, the portion of the Bonus not won will be distributed evenly amongst the eligible horse(s) who complete the race.
Should no Bonus eligible horses contest the Magic Millions WA 2YO Classic at Pinjarra in February 2023, the Bonus will not be distributed.
If the horse is unnamed at the time of completing this form, by submitting the Bonus Registration, you are acknowledging that the horse will be 100% owned or leased by females when registering the horse with the Registrar of Racehorses.
For further information or enquiries please call Cassandra Simmonds on 07 5504 1220 or email [email protected]
Click here for information on the Gold Coast Racing Women’s Bonus (2YO in 2023 and 3YO in 2024)